Thursday, July 10, 2014

I'M MOVING...Plus, Sweet Potato Cinnamon Smoothie Recipe!!!

I am moving to a new address (on the internet, that is)!  I have been tirelessly working on my new site and I think I am ready to go on and make the transition. Luckily, I haven't had the blog long enough for it to be a huge ordeal. I have a few more details to iron out, but hopefully everything will go smoothly.

This will be my last post from yestorealfood.blogspot.com. My new website address is http://www.yestorealfood.com. It's obviously still going to be a food blog, however, I am turning it into more of a food + lifestyle + photography (in other words...all the things I love) blog. If you subscribe to the blog, I hope to automatically redirect the blog feed so you don't have to resubscribe (however...unfortunately I'm not a "techie," so this may not happen). So...if you suddenly stop getting my emails, you may need to resubscribe from the new website (once I get the subscriber feed installed). Alright...on to the recipe.


I had some left over sweet potato, and I didn't want to throw it out (I hate wasting food)! I had heard of making a smoothie from a sweet potato, but had never tried it, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I am so glad I did, because I will definitely be making this again. It would be a great smoothie to drink in the fall. It has that creamy cinnamon taste that sort-of reminded me of pumpkin pie (I know it must've been from the cinnamon). If you try it out, let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
(Makes 1 serving)
1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1 medium sweet potato (cooked and peeled)
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment